February 2, 2010

By Accident



I just got home from visiting my best friend T.
As I mentioned before she was in Africa and supposed to come back this friday, but she returned a week early.
Not like N. to suprise us, but because she was in a car-accident.


I know, that's horrible, I was in complete shock when I read her e-mail last saturday.
She was in a taxi somewhere in Senegal when the driver lost control of the car and they crashed.
Car accidents are one of the main causes of death to tourists in Africa.
The roades are crap, the cars are crap and the drivers are crap.
She had so much luck though, she's relatively unharmed.
Her leg has a giant cut in it and she has stitches on her forehead.
But she's mostly just bruised and she has troubles moving, cause her muscles took a huge blow.
And she has hardly energy, so I couldn't stay very long.
She described everything really bad, but the swelling in her face subsided, so now it's just greenisch and her right eye lookes like a 4 year old goth girl put make-up on it.

Everything aside it was great to see her again, even though I couldn't hug her it was amazing to just sit and chat.
And she still has her spirit, she was mostly bummed out, cause now she has to wait another before she can go out again.
Amazing :)
I love her...







( Jamiroquai - Love Foolosophy )

1 comment:

  1. How awful - glad she is okay and it wasn't too serious.

    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete