December 21, 2009

Two Days, Three Parties, Giant Hangover

I'm a little late with this post, because of my enormous hangover yesterday.
Looking at a computer screen made my head feel like it would burst.
Highly unpleasant.

I must say, you know you had a great night when you're still dizzy in the morning.
Although I hate feeling like I don't remember everything...

On Friday I had a farewell/christmas party from my inturnship.
I'd never been to one before, but I liked it.
Then again, what's not to like about gin&tonics on the company's bill?
Oh, I should have stayed there.
That way there could have also been a slight chance of hooking up with D.
I haven't told you guys about him yet.

D. is 25 and one of the guys who worked on the set.
The kind who walks around with an earpiece doing absolutely nothing.
He was older, cute, nice and funny.
And he had that amazing aura of a guy who is unaware of how sexy he is.
I liked him, but he never showed any interest in me.
Why would he? If I was a 25 year old guy, I wouldn't be into a 18 girl either.
Or maybe I would be, can't say with certainty.

Either way, I left the christmas party to go to a club with friends.
It was freezing cold outside and I spend half an hour in line with open shoes.
I was seriously worried I might have frostbite.
And it so was not worth it.
Inside the club it was so full I could hardly move, my previous G&T buzz had worn off in the cold and my friend S. was complaining about her feet hurting.
If you wear heels going out, that entirely on you.

Worst of all, my other friend L. and his friend (my crush) S. didn't get in.
You're kind of a loser when you're 18 and still can't get in.
So I left early and went to bed.

the next morning I was in a lot of stress, because i couldn't get all of my stuff into my suitcase and was running out of time.
It all worked out though.
Because of the massive snowfall here, I had a total delay of three hours.
On different trains.
I was so done for when I finally got home, but I went out anyway.
I mean, I hadn't seen my friends in 6 weeks. I had to go out.

I'm glad I did, it was so much fun.
Sadly enough, I don't remember everything.
As tradition I had a lot of tequilla. We always drink tequilla.
Later on i had beer, which turned out to be a very bad decision.
I puked my guts out when I got home.
At that point I was hammered.
It never happened to me before that I was ever more drunk by the time I got home, than I had been in the club.
A whole new experience.

Anyway, the reason I had beer was a good one though.
Or a pleasant one.
See, my friend has got a new boyfriend and he turned out to have a very cute and generous friend.
Who started hitting on me and buying me beer.
He was very impressed (and a little annoyed) when I turned out to be a better drinker than him.
I'm just glad he didn't see me when the alcohol kicked in.

I'm a little dissapointed though that even while he came up to me and was very flirty, he didn't kiss me or even ask for my number.
What's up with that?

At the moment I'm sort of snowed in. There's so much snow, it's gorgeous, but you can't really get anywhere.
No public transportation or anything.






(Beyonce Knowles - Halo)

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog.

    But I don't believe for one minute that the snow has shut down transport round your way- come to London for really troubling evacuation scenes!

    trustyourtechnolust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete