October 16, 2009

Gap Year

Well, I guess it's time to explain all the 'I don't have anything to do' references.
You see, I'm on a gap year.
I graduated highschool in the spring and I've pretty much bene sitting on my ass ever since.
Not that I don't have plans or anything, but they aren't starting for a little while.
In theory I'm working at the moment to earn the money I need to go to Italy in the spring.

But eventhough I'm inlisted at a job agency, I'm sitting at home.
I did a couple of crappy jobs, like handing out flyers and washing dishes.
The flyer-thing did pay a lot though. I made 230 bucks in one week, but I spend it all on visiting friends at their Universities.
Most of my friends, the guys that is, allready went to college.
From the girls on the other hand only two did, J. and K.
The others are taking a gap year just like me.
You know what, I'll tell you their stories to compare:

T., my previously mentioned best friend, is in Afrika.
N. is working as a nanny in New York.
M. is currently at home, but wants to go to New Sealand. There's no way she can afford it, so it's probably going to be Russia instead.
S. is going to Afrika as well, but she's still here at the moment to earn money.

So, now you know.
I'm planning on going to another job agency today, but i'm not sure how that's going to work out.
I don't have a lot of discipline.

Okay, I'm just plain lazy.

But I am going to do something soon. Because my aunt got me an inturnship at a tv show as wardrobe assistend.
She is a producer herself, so she knows a lot of people in that world.
I'm so excited, I can hardly wait.
It's so awesome, eventhough I'll be doing all kinds of crappy jobs on the set.
The inturnship is in Hamburg, Germany, which is an amazing city.
I'll be staying with my aunt and uncle and my little cousins.
Luckily I have a friend, S., in Hamburg so I can go out there.
Oh, I'm so excited.




(Lady Gaga - Eh Eh)

No comments:

Post a Comment