November 7, 2009

All Is New In My World

It's a very strange feeling to be somewhere entirely different from home.
I grew up in a verx small town so Hamburg a whole new experiance.
To get to my job I have to take the bus, the subway, another subway and then drive with some other people to the studio. Which all together takes me about an hour.
Since I have to be in the studio at 8 that means I have to get up way too early.
I am not a morning person.

The job isn't so bad though. I make long hours and from time to time it can be a little boring, but I'm easily bored so that doesn't really say anything.
My job simply containes every little thing that has to do with clothes.
I wash, iron and hang 'em up and I help the actors with their outfits and try to keep them happy.
But I think I'll be able to stand it for as long as it takes.

It's all very tiring. Not just because I work 10-12 hours a day, but also because I have to concetrate on what people tell me. I'm half German so the languge isn't a issue, it's just that people have a tendancy to talk in a different direction or very fast.
They might think I'm a little slow, because I ask them to repeat it so often.

I have found a new love in the subway. Where I come from everybody goes everywhere by bike, but very few brave people do so here.
I know I wouldn't try.
The subway though seems like a great alternative transportation.
I love to watch all the different people who get in and out. And it's highly comfortable.
Most people that ride the subway here can be divided into a few groups:
- white trash
- morrocan and turkisch guys
- gothics
- homeless men
- not so classy girls who wear short skirts and to much make-up
- old people

I have a lot of fun with that.

Everything is okay here, I feel a little out of place, but I'm allready turning into a big city girl.
Just one without the horrible taste in clothing and a normal amount of make-up.

1 comment: